Baby's night out
And so the office dinner happened at last.
The 4 of us went to Shatranj at Carter road accompanied by a Times of India journo. One more person from CNBC was to show up but then backed out at the last minute.
The main course I had was vegetables and spaghetti in some kinda sweet red sauce, maybe tomato sauce but it tasted too exotic to be that. Other dishes ordered had things in it like mushrooms, prawns, chicken and canneloni. There was more white colored food on the table than I cud stand and the food already in my tummy was threatening to come out the way it went in, but that feeling gradually settled as the time flew by.
My replacement left the job and did not come in to work today, so she did not join us. On asking, colleagues feigned lack of knowledge abt the reason y she was let go. Temporarily Insane said that the boss found matter on her computer that shud not have been there. Slave Driver always had an problem with trusting ppl so I wudn't b surprised if it were some minor issue.
Since she left, the backlog has increased and they kept asking me to come back and work for them, but I cudn't get myself to say yes even though they can b quite a persuasive lot.
I was pretty curious abt y the girl was let go, so after the Times guy left I asked Slave Driver y she went, to which she replied saying, 'Its none of your concern.' This inspite of the fact that she wants me to work for her again. Classy, ain't she?
After repeatedly asking me wat my decision was, I said that we cud talk abt it tmrw when I go to collect my paisa. They all still think I m lying abt going to Sharjah.
Slave Driver dropped me and High Decibel at the station and before we left she shook hands with me and kinda pulled me close, so I thought she meant to kiss cheek to cheek. I bought my face beside hers and expected her to bring hers closer. Boy, was I wrong :) That was embarassing.
"The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for."
-Allan K. Chalmers
The 4 of us went to Shatranj at Carter road accompanied by a Times of India journo. One more person from CNBC was to show up but then backed out at the last minute.
The main course I had was vegetables and spaghetti in some kinda sweet red sauce, maybe tomato sauce but it tasted too exotic to be that. Other dishes ordered had things in it like mushrooms, prawns, chicken and canneloni. There was more white colored food on the table than I cud stand and the food already in my tummy was threatening to come out the way it went in, but that feeling gradually settled as the time flew by.
My replacement left the job and did not come in to work today, so she did not join us. On asking, colleagues feigned lack of knowledge abt the reason y she was let go. Temporarily Insane said that the boss found matter on her computer that shud not have been there. Slave Driver always had an problem with trusting ppl so I wudn't b surprised if it were some minor issue.
Since she left, the backlog has increased and they kept asking me to come back and work for them, but I cudn't get myself to say yes even though they can b quite a persuasive lot.
I was pretty curious abt y the girl was let go, so after the Times guy left I asked Slave Driver y she went, to which she replied saying, 'Its none of your concern.' This inspite of the fact that she wants me to work for her again. Classy, ain't she?
After repeatedly asking me wat my decision was, I said that we cud talk abt it tmrw when I go to collect my paisa. They all still think I m lying abt going to Sharjah.
Slave Driver dropped me and High Decibel at the station and before we left she shook hands with me and kinda pulled me close, so I thought she meant to kiss cheek to cheek. I bought my face beside hers and expected her to bring hers closer. Boy, was I wrong :) That was embarassing.
"The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for."
-Allan K. Chalmers

<< Home